Tame your dSLR camera with our 7 week photography beginners course starting in January and running at the Didsbury Parsonage.
This is a great opportunity to have an experienced professional photographer teach you how to improve your photography in a relaxed and friendly environment. The course touches on many technical and creative aspects of photography in order to give you a firm foundation from which you can start your own photographic journey. Techniques are demonstrated and as far as possible, each demonstration is followed by a practical in order ensure you are given the opportunity to try out each technique with supervision.
To find out more about this course, or book your place then please contact Andrew Wood Photography using these contact details.
- £150 per person with a third going straight to the Didsbury Parsonage Trust
- 1.5 hours per session
- 7 sessions
- Tuesdays 7:30 – 9:00
- Starts Tuesday 15th January 2013
- Makes an ideal gift – personalised gift vouchers available – an extra £10
In seven short weeks you will learn how to:
- blur backgrounds (aperture priority mode)
- freeze action (shutter speed priority mode)
- capture motion (shutter speed priority mode)
- use manual exposure – intelligently
- focus manually
- use auto-focus more effectively
- compose your images creatively
- search for fresh and new inspiration
The following projects (at least) will be used to teach some of the above concepts:
- A simple portrait (including posing and lighting)
- Light painting
- Photographing water drops
- Taking a night time “urban” photograph
The great thing about this photography course is that it’s run independently by an established local business and a third of all the course fees go straight to The Didsbury Parsonage Trust.